Maternity photography is all about that glorious belly. I LOVE showcasing the life that is both a mother and child in one for a short time. This stage changes daily and is over so quickly! Look through my gallery and if you think we would make a good match, contact me so I can be YOUR maternity photographer.
It’s all about the family connections here at SWP. Fathers and siblings are encouraged to take part in these sessions.
When should I schedule my maternity session?
The best stage for maternity photos is when you are between 32-36 weeks along. You want to be showing enough to really see that beautiful belly, but not be uncomfortable during your session.
What should I wear for my maternity photography session?
This is a great time to pamper yourself and make yourself feel beautiful! You are doing a magnificent work growing a life inside of you. You are glowing! Let’s take advantage of this opportunity to showcase it.
- Long flowing dresses are awesome because they can cover anything you don’t want showing (like varicose veins or (let’s be real here) unshaved legs). They are a classic and comfortable option for maternity.
- If dresses aren’t your style because you are more on the edgy side of fashion, flaunt it! Go for that gold tank top with the fur vest. Whatever is YOU is what you should do.
- Belts are a great way to highlight the belly bump.
- Snug fitting clothing is another. This is one time you want to show off that tummy!
- Solid colors are usually more timeless than patterns, so go with something less busy pattern-wise. Go wild with texture, though. Lace, knits, sweater knits, etc. all lend to a timeless and classy look. Layer, layer layer!
If you want to go all out, I work with an amazing hair and makeup artist and we can Hook. You. Up. Talk about a dream photo session! And what better time to feel your best!
Above all, the goal is to show off that belly that won’t be there for much longer, and to make this stage memorable. I look back at my own maternity photos and marvel at what the human body can do. If you are ready to book your maternity photo session, contact Sally Whetten Photography today!